It is a radical vogue sin, both men and women are guilty of, we dress according to what’s in trend, rather than what really suits us. Well, we all know what it results to, some terrible outfit that does not fits you perfectly. We often associate women with dressing according to their body shape, as men do not like to discuss their body shape and weight issues with their peer while enjoying a latte in a cafe. But the crux of the matter is, to invest in clothes that flatter your body shape and your personality. Every man has the different physique and body shape, but mostly they fall into these few categories as per the Dressing For Your Body Shape – Trapezoid, rectangle, inverted triangle, triangle, and oval. Knowing how to dress according to your shape, what suits you and what to avoid is the first step to your personalized style.
Dressing For Your Body Shape – Men’s Fashion Guide
Trapezoid shaped men have a broad set of shoulders and chest than their midsection that tapers down through the waist. When it comes to your dressing, it’s probably the easiest and most desired body shape, since the upper and lower body is in the right balance. You’re like the type, who regularly hits the gym or has an inbuilt athletic body. Plus, the hairstyle you choose creates a great impact on your appearance. Pick one of these most sophisticated haircuts and hairstyles to look all glammed up!
Styling tip – Vitruvian men, the general rules for you is to keep your trouser tapered, emphasis on your slim waist. Be bold and try out bold patterns and prints.
Clothing do’s and don’ts-
- Have your trousers tailored, slimmer fit pants or fuller cuts pants will make you look lean and athletic. All the slim fit pants, in the market, are solely for you.
- Wear jackets and blazer with single buttoned at the waist, for the alpha male gaze.
- Say a big “NO” to all the loose and baggy outfit that makes you look completely bland.
Wide shoulders, broad chest and narrow waist, you can pull off any look with this amazing inverted triangle body shape of yours. Your well-developed shoulders and biceps tell how much you love gyming. As the top body is heavy already, your aim should be to balance it off. Do you remember Johnny Bravo? That’s exactly how your body shape is, some home truths to be said. When the season of spring is on the head, don’t go mad thinking of what outfits might give you most head-turning guise; ’cause here the best picks are!
Styling tip – Slim down your upper torso and add bulk to your midriff and lower body, keep your extra fit top a little side.
Clothing do’s and don’ts –
- Finding the right kind of jeans can be a tough task, you need to pick jeans that aren’t skin fit and gives a little flare at hips to balance it out.
- For a party, wear camo shorts or pattern trousers, pick lighter shades as darker shades make your legs appear slimmer.
- Don’t be afraid to show off your shoulders on summer with a tank top, super sexy and drooling.
- On chilly days, the jacket might add bulk to the upper body, but if you keep it open and pick softer fabric it can be a good choice.
- Say no to scoop necklines or anything that focus more on your shoulder. It can negatively skew your entire look.
A little like a ruler, roughly the same width from shoulders to waist and hips. To build those strong muscles, you’ll need extra efforts than the other, as your body naturally as a straight shape from top to bottom. A rectangle is a proportionate look, masculine and something all men aspire to.
Styling tip – A rectangular body shaped man can be wide or slim, if you wear anything, make sure it tapers from top to bottom. Bold patterns like wider stripes, windowpane or bright pop of color can enhance your ramrod body shape.
Clothing do’s and don’ts –
- Go for straight cut jeans, baggy and flared bottom is a big no-no for you. For rectangular shaped men, pick dark color denim and avoid the light color bottom.
- Shirts with pocket at the chest will work best for you on everyday look as it draws attention away from the straightness of the body. You can even go ahead and try scarfs for fun day.
- Definitely say no to double-breasted jackets, make sure you opt for single-breasted jackets as it looks more flattering.
First thing first, being triangular does not mean you’re in a bad shape or you’re fat, No! Triangle body shape is because you have wider hips than your shoulders. Often shoulder padding is added to the tailored suits to make the sloped shoulder look broader. Overcoats, jackets and trench coats give you a little bit more fullness at the upper body. Not just the casual attire, but also the professional and formal suit coats make this article a must-read. Know all about the body types, moods and event to pick the perfect suits and be a kingsman!
Styling tip – Take the visual focus towards the upper body, balance out the shape by pairing checkered blazers, denim jackets, and waistcoats.
Clothing do’s and don’ts –
- Don’t invest in anything that makes your bottom fuller, straight cut trousers should be your everyday attire.
- Polo t-shirts and roll necks, will accentuate the roundness of your waist more, replace them with t-shirts that broaden your upper torso.
- Square off your body frame with overcoats, so whenever you hit outside for the date, hop on your favorite jacket to steal the show!
How often do you dress according to your body type? Consider these few styling tips, which makes even your budget-friendly pieces extraordinary! Like I said, budget-friendly attires and forgetting to grab the overalls and suspenders would be a great loss.